Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Good Morning!

"We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light, which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true." [Woodrow T. Wilson)

So...What's THAT supposed to mean?
Dreaming is not a weak attribute. Weak people don't dream. Those who sit there & refuse to dream are weak because they are scared to see past the limitations that are either self-imposed or imposed for them. The day you allow a limitation to become a security blanket, you've pretty much spiritually committed suicide. You can NOT allow anyone or anything to take your dreams away from you--and the biggest detractor you will always have is your self. Your own thoughts & actions are usually the most limiting. 


Taken literally, even if you don't think something will work or if you think something is completely asinine, most ideas started because of internal dreams that people have to make life better. Take my last post about NWNW & how I disagree with the movement. No matter how I feel about the movement, I can't & won't knock Christelyn's dream. She at least is showing that regardless of how many people disagree with her, she won't let people stand there & stomp her dream. For that I give her respect.


So dream big...& any voice you hear, be it in your head or out of the mouth of someone in front of you, that detracts you from that dream--smile, acknowledge (or not), & keep moving towards the light. 


Peace & Love,
Jaz

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jaz, This post was quite refreshing and you've once again managed to nourish my spirit :-) I often describe myself as an "eternal dreamer" and sometimes the day-to-day struggles can make you either forget your dreams or even be angered when they don't quickly reach fruition. Despite feeling down sometimes, I try to hold on to the importance of the freedom dreams allow. I even sign of Twitter by telling people, "Creative dreams to all!"

    So to you, keep dreaming and loving! You are truly a breath of fresh air :-)

    -gg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi gg,

    Thank you for following (& commenting) on my post. I'm going to try to keep the inspiration & the thoughts flowing. I send an inspiration text to my friends every morning so I'm glad to share it here as well.

    People forget their dreams & discount them all the time. That's exactly what Satan, through detractors & reducers, want to happen. If we believe we are worthless, we inherently destroy the worth we are born with; or at least suppress it. We cannot allow anything--not a recession or personal tragedy of any kind--steal our joy. Otherwise, we fall victim to it & part of us dies. I'm ready to live.

    I'm glad to be a breath of fresh air. I will try to continue to be so as long as I can. YOU are awesome & I'm glad to have found your blog & now, albeit just thru the internet, your friendship.

    Peace & Love,
    Jaz

    ReplyDelete