Sunday, October 3, 2010

First & Foremost...

If you're reading this, then you know that I've deactivated my precious social networking sites & traded it all in for a shot of normalcy...as a writer, I fully believe that my writing has suffered because I've been so worried abotu limiting my words to status updates instead of really elaborating in the ways that I wanted to...while I don't necessarily believe that social networking is the devil per se, I do believe that everything is always best in moderation. Besides that, at my age, I'm now in the second half of my 20s, approaching 30 daily as a mother & a wife. But I'm still trying to find myself as a woman too. At some point you have to disconnect from everyone & everything else in order to reconnect with yourself & with God & your family. In most ways I'm disconnecting from the everyday day-to-day tediousness of updating and downloading that are the norm on social networking sites...but I know that I'm gaining, or regaining, actually, the abilities to tap back into myself, remove my self-imposed writer's block and let out everything that is inside of me...nice, mean, happy, sad, intellectual, unintelligble.

And why have I called it "The American Screams"? Because these days dreaming is too cliche....

2 comments:

  1. Guess who????? I made mine a while back. Haven't used it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! I love loyalty. :)
    Spread the word.

    ReplyDelete